cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject Re: Tried just about everything
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2001 13:14:03 GMT
Hi Matt,

	I've just checked my installation. Cocoon 2.0 works out of the box
	with Tomcat 4.0b7, without need to modify the web.xml. The
	documentation needs to be clarified here.

	If you are still having problems, then please send in your cocoon.log
	and tomcat servlet log files so we can take a look at them to help
	diagnosis.

	Cheers,

	Marcus

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Marcus Crafter wrote:

> Hi Matt,
>
> 	Thanks for the pointer, with Tomcat 4.0b7 this was not needed for me,
> 	Cocoon worked out of the box. I'll test this a bit further and clarify
> 	the Cocoon documentation.
>
> 	Cheers,
>
> 	Marcus
>
> On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Matt Jezorek wrote:
>
> > Yes but it says in the cocoon instructions to add it to the
> > cocoon/webapps/WEB-INF/web.xml
> >
> > Quote:
> >
> > "Tomcat 4.0 does not expose the servlet.jar file to Apache Cocoon by
> > default, so before you build the Apache Cocoon webapp you will need to add
> > the following to the Apache Cocoon servlet definition in the web.xml file"
> >
> > so I did that I did exactly what it states on the install at
> >
> > http://xml.apache.org/cocoon2/install.html

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany