cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject Re: Frustrated by Tomcat4 & Cocoon2
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:48:35 GMT
Hi Mark,

	The problem you are experiencing is a known problem with jdk1.3.1. It
	does not occur with jdk1.3.0. Nevertheless, there is a fix. Which is
	to add the string '-classic' to your $CATALINA_OPTS environment
	variable. This should fix the issue.

	Hope that helps mate.

	Cheers,

	Marcus

On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, Lamb, Mark wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am getting really frustrated trying to get Cocoon2 to run under Tomcat4.
>
> I have a Linux Mandrake 8.0 machine with Java 1.3.1 installed.
> Tomcat 4.0-b7 has been downloaded, installed and I have confirmed that it
> works correctly.
> Jakarta Ant 1.4.1 Beta 1 has been installed and is working.
> Cocoon2-b2 was downloaded.
> I modified cocoon2/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml so that the following lines appear
>

> <init-param>
>     <param-name>extra-classpath</param-name>
>
> <param-value>/usr/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b7/common/lib/servlet.jar</para
> m-value>
> </init-param>
>
> I then built the cocoon app with the command
> ant -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes webapp
>
> Finally I copy cocoon.war into $TOMCAT_HOME/webapp and start tomcat with the
> command 'catalina.sh run'.
>
> After a few moments, tomcat crashed with the following error:
>
> ./catalina.sh: line:170 16997 Segmentation fault      (core dumped)
> $JAVA_HOME/bin/java $CATALINA_OPTS -classpath $CP
> -Dcatalina.home=$CATALINA_HOME org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap "$@"
> start
>
> I have had a look at catalina.sh and line 170 is the very last line in the
> script, so that doesnt help much.
>
> Has anyone seen this before or can anyone help me ...
>
> Thanks,
> Mark.

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&: