cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Luca Morandini" <l.mo...@tin.it>
Subject RE: Apache/tomcat : Q about C2 and C1 ?
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2001 13:51:42 GMT

	Yes, one sitemap and many sub-sitemaps.

> Do i need
> one sitemap for each web application ?

	Well, I presume you can handle applications within the sitemap without
building a sub-sitemap... but, frankly, I can't see a reason to do this.

> Is it possible to have a sitemap file in each directory containing XML and
XSL documents ?

	I presume yes.... why not ?

> It doesn't seems that c2 is always handling xml-stylesheets/cocoon-process
instructions
> within XML
> documents. Am i wrong ?

	The idea is to use the sitemap for this task. If you want to look at a
different point of view, search the mail archives for postings made by Uli
Mayring on the subject.

> 2/ Is it possible de define a new wep application
> (webapps/myapp/) using the
> c2 functionnalities (without duplicating c2) ? Or do i have to install my
> XML documents within the webapps/cocoon directory ?

	No, you can use a single Cocoon context and stil use
www.yourdomain.com/youapp.xml There is an entry in the Cocoon2 FAQ about
this.

> 3/ Is it possible to put some XML documents (containing
> xml-stylesheets and
> cocoon-process instructions ala c1) within the Apache htdocs directory and
> ask c2 to do the transformation (a la c1).

	I'm inclined to say no... but I'm not sure.

> Is it possible to define a
> Handler for XML document linked to c2 within Apache httpd.conf
> (and mod_jk)
> ? Or do i have to install also c1 ?

	No idea.

> Is it possible to have c2 and c1 working together on apache/Tomcat/mod_jk
?

	Mmmm.... no idea, but check the mailing list, I presume the issue has
arisen before.

	Best regards,

               Luca Morandini
               GIS Consultant