cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Newland" <chris.newl...@emorphia.com>
Subject RE: Possible to assign SQL query result to XSP variable?
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2001 12:17:34 GMT
Thanks Max,

It was that and the fact that I'd forgotton the <esql:results> around the
<esql:row-results>.

This code works for retrieving a value or null if it does not exist in the
DB:

<para>checking for username = <xsp:expr>username</xsp:expr></para>

String got_uname = "dummy";

  <esql:connection>
        <esql:pool>lh_jdbc</esql:pool>
        <esql:execute-query>
                <esql:query>
                  select id from enduser where enduser.id =
<esql:parameter><xsp:expr>username</xsp:expr></esql:parameter>
                </esql:query>
		<esql:results>
			<esql:row-results>
				FOUND RESULTS
				<xsp:logic>
                		got_uname = <esql:get-string column="id"/>;
				</xsp:logic>
			</esql:row-results>
		</esql:results>
		<esql:no-results>
			NO RESULTS
			<xsp:logic>
                	got_uname = null;
			</xsp:logic>
                </esql:no-results>
        </esql:execute-query>
  </esql:connection>

<para>got value from db uname = <xsp:expr>got_uname</xsp:expr></para>

Best Regards,

Chris