cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Dietmar Haffner" <dietmar.haff...@gefasoft.de>
Subject AW: Cocoon2 and IBM Visual Age WebSphere Test Environment?
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2001 02:36:48 GMT
Hello Jon,

>> WTE is not servlet 2.2 compliant, which I'm thinking will ultimately
cause you problems. <<

I says it would be....

>> Instead, I used the Apache Tomcat Test Environment <<

Yes, I'm able to run it with Tomcat, too.

>> If interested, I can send you the list of things I had to do to get it
running in this mode. <<

Yes, please!  I used JDK 1.3.1, not VAJ to compile for Tomcat.  This is the
first time I have to use VAJ (customer wants VAJ nad WebSphere), so it might
well be I made some mistakes importing and compiling Cocoon in the first
place.  VAJs "problem" detection doesn't seem too reliable to me.

>> Then, when you get ready to deploy Cocoon2 to WebSphere Application
Server, you'll have a whole other set of things to do to get it running :-)
<<

Isn't WTE supposed to act exactly like a real WAS?

Thanks,

Dietmar

P.S.: I'll be out of office on Monday.