cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Patrice Bonhomme" <p...@lucid-it.com>
Subject Apache/tomcat : Q about C2 and C1 ?
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2001 13:34:55 GMT

Hi there,

I have installed under Linux (RH/Mandrake 7) :
 - Apache 1.3.20
 - Tomcat 3.3m4
 - JDK 1.3
 - Cocoon2
 - mod_jk

and everything is fine.

I used to work with Cocoon1 (with Apache and JServ) and i was wondering some
questions:

1/ Is it possible to use several sitemap files within Tomcat/C2 ? Do i need
one sitemap for each web application ? Is it possible to have a sitemap file
in each directory containing XML and XSL documents ? It doesn't seems that
c2 is always handling xml-stylesheets/cocoon-process instructions within XML
documents. Am i wrong ?

2/ Is it possible de define a new wep application (webapps/myapp/) using the
c2 functionnalities (without duplicating c2) ? Or do i have to install my
XML documents within the webapps/cocoon directory ?

3/ Is it possible to put some XML documents (containing xml-stylesheets and
cocoon-process instructions ala c1) within the Apache htdocs directory and
ask c2 to do the transformation (a la c1). Is it possible to define a
Handler for XML document linked to c2 within Apache httpd.conf (and mod_jk)
? Or do i have to install also c1 ? Is it possible to have c2 and c1 working
together on apache/Tomcat/mod_jk ?

Thanks for your help,
Pat