cocoon-users mailing list archives

From IBra...@aol.com
Subject Re: Can't run under JBoss2.4/Tomcat3.2.3
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2001 11:52:44 GMT

Hi.

I think I found the problem...

I verified everything you listed.  I am using jdk1.4beta.  A little fishing
around and I realized that Crimson was still being used from rt.jar
(http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/docs/relnotes/features.html#xmlprocessing)!  I
tried to use a modified "run.sh" to attempt to force the use of Xerces, but
this caused more errors that it fixed (jboss failed to deploy the
tomcat-test.ear, and cocoon gave a new reason for not starting).

The cocoon error is below.  The logs and startup script (which I renamed to
"jboss") are attached (I hope that isn't improper net-equite for this list).

Thanks!

Ian

Cocoon 2 - Internal server error

----

type internal-server-error

message Exception in Handler

description org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception in
Handler:org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException:
markup-languages: ComponentSelector could not access the Component for hint:
sitemap

source Cocoon servlet

request-uri

/cocoon/

embedded exception

org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException: markup-languages:
ComponentSelector could not access the Component for hint: sitemap

embedded exception stacktrace

org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException: markup-languages:
ComponentSelector could not access the Component for hint: sitemap
    at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentSelector.select(Exca
liburComponentSelector.java:253)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.load(Pr
ogramGeneratorImpl.java:176)
    at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.run(Handler.java:204)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:579)
Caused by: org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException:
AbstractMarkupLanguage: SAX2 driver class
org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser not found
    at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.AbstractMarkupLanguage.configur
e(AbstractMarkupLanguage.java:141)
    at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInstance(De
faultComponentFactory.java:108)
    at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentHandler.get(DefaultCom
ponentHandler.java:92)
    at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentSelector.select(Exca
liburComponentSelector.java:246)
    ... 3 more
org/apache/xerces/parsers/SAXParser
    at
org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderFactory.createXMLReader(XMLReaderFactory.java:1
18)
    at
org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderFactory.createXMLReader(XMLReaderFactory.java:9
6)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.Logicsheet.setInputSource(Logic
sheet.java:99)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.AbstractMarkupLanguage.createLo
gicsheet(AbstractMarkupLanguage.java:182)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.AbstractMarkupLanguage.configur
e(AbstractMarkupLanguage.java:113)
    ... 6 more

exception

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception in
Handler:org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException:
markup-languages: ComponentSelector could not access the Component for hint:
sitemap

path-info

stacktrace

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception in
Handler:org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException:
markup-languages: ComponentSelector could not access the Component for hint:
sitemap
    at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.throwEventualException(Handler.java:239)
    at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.regenerate(Handler.java:153)
    at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.getHandler(Manager.java:174)
    at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:100)
    at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:489)
    at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:405)
    at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:81
2)
    at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:758)
    at
onnectionHandler.java:213)
    at
    at
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:501)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:579)
Caused by: org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException:
markup-languages: ComponentSelector could not access the Component for hint:
sitemap
    at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentSelector.select(Exca
liburComponentSelector.java:253)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.load(Pr
ogramGeneratorImpl.java:176)
    at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.run(Handler.java:204)
    ... 1 more