cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Alexandru COSTIN <acos...@iakt.rdsnet.ro>
Subject XSP code reuse
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2001 11:56:12 GMT
	Hello,
	I have created succesfully some dynamic pages using cocoon, but I have
one question about code reusability.
	The main problem is that in the XSP file, I have XML trees that are
very similar, except for a parameter.

	I will paste some code snippets below

<calevel>
	<esql:execute-query>
		<esql:query>
			select * from v_inf where idtype_inf=6
		</esql:query>
		<esql:results>
		<esql:row-results>
			<row>
				<id_inf><esql:get-string 					column="id_inf"/></id_inf>
				<name_itm><esql:get-string 					column="name_itm"/></name_itm>
			</row>
                 </esql:row-results>
                 </esql:results>
        </esql:execute-query>
</calevel>

	This part has to be repeated (with the same columns and structure) with
idtype_inf=7,8, etc.
	How can I do this without rewritting this code snippet x-times? A
standard include mecanism has to be possible in Cocoon, or this can be
done otherwise.
	I think I have a solution, but I don't know if it's the best one. This
part can be embedded in a XSP:logic loop that uses an array with the
6,7,8 values and pass the values to the embedded part.

			Alexandru

--
Alexandru COSTIN