cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: C2 slow?
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2001 12:39:14 GMT
Bernie Lee wrote:

> hi
>
> i was just wondering (newbie question). C2 seems slow loading a page. on my
> p2-500, 192MB RAM, running w2kpro, T4b7 and C2b2, it takes about 3 secs to
> load dynamic content. i'd imagine from the net, it might take 4-5 secs.
> doesnt that seem a tad slow?

Assuming the page isn't measured in megabytes or hundreds of killobytes, I would
say that is extremely slow.  Are you using the stock samples shipped with Cocoon 2?
Also, is this on the first access only (i.e. all other requests for the same
page are fast)?

Keep in mind that Cocoon has to compile its Sitemap and its XSP pages the first
time they are accessed--which can account for up to half a minute on the first
access.  The rest of your accesses should be ~70-100 ms or less.