cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mario Muja <mario.m...@delaval.com>
Subject Re: only cocoon and XML ?
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2001 12:22:26 GMT
<head>
</head>
that  has a sql backend and uses lots of forms and file uploads</font></div>
Yes. I am building such applications only using C2, my little Java knowledge
and my relatively good XSLT knowledge. Without the XSLT background it would
be hard for me to understand the concept of transforming XML content to HTML
or other formats. Such transformations are heavily used in Cocoon apps.<br>
beans (.class)  or to use aditional jakarta software such as struts for</font></div>
Yes, you can write your own classes and use them from within XSP pages (which
generate XML content). You can also extend the C2 classes by inheriting from
them. I have no clue about struts.<br>
to be a multi  language one ?</font></div>
C2 supports the creation of internationalised apps. Please look at the I18N
samples delivered with C2.<br>
recomended  ?</font></div>
code  ?</font></div>
C2 is open to use XML generated from JSP pages, PHP and other sources. Thereby
you can reuse existing resources. However, I try to avoid such "3rd party"
technologies in Cocoon apps to keep the number of used technologies low.
Until now, I could solve everything with C2, a little Java / JavaScript&nbsp;
and XSLT. <br>
designed and built  using XML and XSLT ?</font></div>
Yes, I think that's the concept: generate XML content and apply XSLT stylesheets
to it to produce HTML pages or other output. Thus, in mind I always separate
XML content generation and transformation of this content to whatever output.<br>
Regards, Mario<br>