cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Fulvio Picecchi <ful...@prm.it>
Subject Re: MacRoman text encoding and C2
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2001 15:19:24 GMT
Well, I'm really sorry but I can't really help you 'cause I'm absolutely
new to Cocoon. I'm just learning, for the moment. I come from PHP
development and this operation in PHP is done in an extremely fast way
with the iconv() function:
<?php
   $XMLdoc_Latin1   = "Some characters: òàùèéì";
   $XMLdoc_UTF-8    = iconv("ISO-8859-1", "UTF-8", $XMLdoc_Latin1);
   $XMLdoc_MacRoman = iconv("ISO-8859-1", "MacRoman", $XMLdoc_Latin1);
?>
Docs here: http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.iconv.php
I can try to find some solutions in C2 but I'm really a newbie.
I'm really sorry Jesse to not be able to help you. And for speaking
about PHP in a wrong place ...
Sincerely,

--
Fulvio Picecchi