cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Fulvio Picecchi <ful...@prm.it>
Subject Re: MacRoman text encoding and C2
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2001 10:12:20 GMT
Don't really know if Cocoon2 supports MacRoman, but when composing XML
docs it would be always better to _not_ use a platform-dependent
encoding like MacRoman (Mac) or Cp1252 (Windows).

If you try writing something like this in MacRoman <<Je l'ai cherché de
tous bords, tous côtés>> a PC user would see <<Je lÕai cherchŽ de tous
bords, tous c™tŽs>>.

In general the best way would be using UTF8 (if you have a text editor
that supports it), the same encoding of this e-mail message, that
contains the characters of all languages of the world or a Latin dialect
which are ISO standards: Latin-1 (ISO 8859-1), etc.
Sincerely.

--
Fulvio Picecchi

--