cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Daniela Gehle <d.ge...@levigo.de>
Subject [C2] HTML entities
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2001 09:54:34 GMT
Hi,

I was wondering if there is an easier way of using HTML entities within
XSLT stylesheets instead of declaring all the entities in the <!DOCTYPE
...> section of each stylesheet.

Since I have a good deal of stylesheets used within my web site, it is
not really desirable to have to include the same entity definitions over
and over in each stylesheet.

I've been figuring out to use external entities like this

<!DOCTYPE stylesheet [
    <!ENTITY % charEntity SYSTEM "../characters.ent">
    %charEntity;
    ]>

but I am still not satisfied with that solution, because I have to
include this section within each stylesheet.

I am looking for a more centralized place to attach these entity
definitions to all stylesheets of a whole site (e.g. the sitemap?).

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks,
Dani