cocoon-users mailing list archives

From java guru <javacoc...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject RE: Sample's Working Explanation
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2001 13:03:10 GMT
Hi.,
  Cocoon framework is three layers(in simple
explanation)..

generator-->transformer-->serializer.

Generator generates xml:-)
Transformer transformes xml:-) and
Serializer serializes:-)

Please dont laugh at the explanation 'coz the terms
stand for themselves.

Its like input(feeder), transform, output(seriazlie)..

Now the cocoon framework have extensive "specialized"
components in each category. For example file
generator that comes with cocoon is already written
for you.

Transformer is usally the xsl to be applied to the
generated xml(for this you need some knowledge of xml,
xsl)..

Now the sitemap defines all these components to be
used and also defines something like "pipeline"..Each
pipeline is way to define what incoming uri to be
handled, what generator to be used and etc...

Great deal of documentation randing from framework of
cocoon to example usage is available at xml.apache.org
and also bundled with c2..

So please, take some time and go thru them..it
definitely helps a lot in future..

good luck

 --- Ankush Anand <a.anand@solitarsystems.com> wrote:

> [...]

=====