cocoon-users mailing list archives

From java guru <javacoc...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: RV: newcomer: desperately impossible getting Cocoon Started
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2001 13:46:30 GMT
The problem is with hotspot shipped with jdk specially
for linux platforms..

The "-classic" option  instructs the jvm runtime to
use Classic stuff rather than default "HOTSPOT'..

Have g'day
srini

 --- Marcus Crafter
<crafterm@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net> wrote: > On Fri,

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=99237384532273&w=2

> > How exactly do I set TOMCAT_OPTS to add
> '-classic'?
>
> 	Just set an environment variable at the command
> line:
>
> 	$> export TOMCAT_OPTS="-classic"
>
> 	or add the above line to your tomcat startup
> scripts.
>
> > I have Tomcat 4 b7 and Tomcat 3.22 (rather than
> 3.23 as you have)--should
> > this make a difference? Or is it strictly a jdk
> error?
>
> 	I think the problem is independant from tomcat
> versions, for a whie it
> 	was also present when trying to build cocoon.
>
> 	Cheers,
>
> 	Marcus
>
> --
>      ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
>     ;$'      '$$$$:    Computer Systems Engineer
>     $:         $$$$:   Open Software Associates GmbH
>      $       o_)$$$:   82-84 Mainzer Landstrasse
>      ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
>            \_&&&&'     Email : Marcus.Crafter@osa.de
>           &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757
> 200
>     &&&&&&&:

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> <cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>