cocoon-users mailing list archives

From java guru <javacoc...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: Frustrated by Tomcat4 & Cocoon2
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:36:08 GMT
Hi.,
  There were earlier reports of "segmentation fault"
on linux platform 'coz of sun jdk. Sun also have faq
on that issue and workaround..

Your problem may/maynot be related with that...try it
out..

Good luck

 --- "Lamb, Mark" <Mark.Lamb@spirent.com> wrote: > Hi
All,

> I am getting really frustrated trying to get Cocoon2
> to run under Tomcat4.
>
> I have a Linux Mandrake 8.0 machine with Java 1.3.1
> installed.
> Tomcat 4.0-b7 has been downloaded, installed and I
> have confirmed that it
> works correctly.
> Jakarta Ant 1.4.1 Beta 1 has been installed and is
> working.
> Cocoon2-b2 was downloaded.
> I modified cocoon2/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml so that
> the following lines appear
>

> <init-param>
>     <param-name>extra-classpath</param-name>

<param-value>/usr/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b7/common/lib/servlet.jar</para
> m-value>
> </init-param>
>
> I then built the cocoon app with the command
> ant -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes webapp
>
> Finally I copy cocoon.war into $TOMCAT_HOME/webapp
> and start tomcat with the
> command 'catalina.sh run'.
>
> After a few moments, tomcat crashed with the
> following error:
>
> ./catalina.sh: line:170 16997 Segmentation fault
>  (core dumped)
> $JAVA_HOME/bin/java $CATALINA_OPTS -classpath $CP
> -Dcatalina.home=$CATALINA_HOME
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap "$@"
> start
>
> I have had a look at catalina.sh and line 170 is the
> very last line in the
> script, so that doesnt help much.
>
> Has anyone seen this before or can anyone help me
>
> Thanks,
> Mark.

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> <cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>