cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Answer <creat...@mail.ru>
Subject Bugs and problems with C2
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2001 13:06:05 GMT
Hello cocoon-users,

  I use C2b2 on Resin-2.0.1/jdk1.3/Win98/Celeron 500/256Mb
  PC-100 DRAM already several months (earlier I use C2b1).
  And I have many troubles with this engine.
  First, XInclude doesn't work with XML and XSP.
  It always produce NullPointerException
[java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.cocoon.transformation.XIncludeTransformer.processXIncludeElement(XIncludeTransformer.java:211)
        at org.apache.cocoon.transformation.XIncludeTransformer.startElement(XIncludeTransformer.java:131)
        at org.apache.cocoon.components.sax.XMLByteStreamInterpreter.parse(XMLByteStreamInterpreter.java:82)
        at org.apache.cocoon.components.sax.XMLByteStreamInterpreter.deserialize(XMLByteStreamInterpreter.java:58)
        at org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingEventPipeline.process(CachingEventPipeline.java:187)
        at org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingStreamPipeline.process(CachingStreamPipeline.java:361)
        at org.apache.cocoon.www.mysite.sitemap_xmap.wildcardMatchN36(sitemap_xmap.java:482)
        at org.apache.cocoon.www.mysite.sitemap_xmap.process(sitemap_xmap.java:267)
        at org.apache.cocoon.www.mysite.sitemap_xmap.process(sitemap_xmap.java:218)
        at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.process(Handler.java:160)
        at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:103)
        at org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.wildcardMatchN1F3(sitemap_xmap.java:2602)
        at org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.process(sitemap_xmap.java:2118)
        at org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.process(sitemap_xmap.java:2079)
        at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.process(Handler.java:160)
        at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:103)
        at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:489)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:103)
        at com.caucho.server.http.FilterChainServlet.doFilter(FilterChainServlet.java:82)
        at com.caucho.server.http.Invocation.service(Invocation.java:272)
        at com.caucho.server.http.CacheInvocation.service(CacheInvocation.java:128)
        at com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleRequest(HttpRequest.java:216)
        at com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleConnection(HttpRequest.java:158)
        at com.caucho.server.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java:140)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)]
  (if I transform XML, it work only once, and if I transform XSP, it's
  never work right). I can't develop nothing good without including,
  isn't it? Using of CInclude transformer isn't good idea because of
  it isn't standard solution. In addition CInclude require relative path
  from site root & don't support XPath expressions.

  Second, in C2b2 you change the caching environment and begin use
  MRUMemoryStore for event & stream cache instead of StreamMemoryCache
  and EventMemoryCache.
  cocoon.xconf (C2b2):
  <store class="org.apache.cocoon.components.store.MRUMemoryStore">
  <stream-cache class="org.apache.cocoon.components.store.MRUMemoryStore">
  <event-cache class="org.apache.cocoon.components.store.MRUMemoryStore">
  cocoon.xconf (C2b1):
  <store class="org.apache.cocoon.components.store.MRUMemoryStore">
  <stream-cache class="org.apache.cocoon.caching.StreamMemoryCache">
  <event-cache class="org.apache.cocoon.caching.EventMemoryCache">
  Because of this my engine work too slow (speed down to 1000 times
  from 50 msec processing to 50 sec!) and cache has been never used
  when I refresh page. Then, I downgrade my system to C2b1 again and
  now use C2b2 only for small testing, not for working.

  I'm think what this system is cool, but i can't use this system
  normally... these errors stopped me.

  I want to say, what database (hsqldb) working is great, and i18n of
  source files already work too on my machine... here my hacking was
  success. Little note: i can't use other encoding except UTF-8 in
  forms because other encoding not supported by all system entirely yet.
  I setup cp1251 encoding inside database engine (MySQL), xml/xsl pages,
  sitemap, resin.conf and uncheck "Always send URL adresses as UTF-8"
  option in IE Properties, but russian chars not processed properly.
  Only one way for this processing i found: use hsqldb as database
  engine and UTF-8 as base encoding anywhere. MySQL isn't support
  UTF-8, and under Win98 i know only PostgreSQL DB through CygWIN and
  no more...

  And small note at end: update your docs about <jdbc> tags inside
  cocoon.xconf (http://xml.apache.org/cocoon2/datasources.html).
  This tags already used in ะก2b1, but documentation not changed.
  I try to use datasources in Resin to connect Cocoon through JNDI,
  but not found any docs on our site about this. Can I use tags <jndi>
  or <j2ee>? I also must install J2EE instead of JDK on my machine,
  isn't it? If anyone can help me, please send detailed step-by-step
  instruction into this list.

  Thanks for a look.
--
Best regards,