cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Caleb Blanton <Caleb.Blan...@trx.com>
Subject Disable-output-escaping Question
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2001 23:15:18 GMT
I hear that this is the place to ask about disable-output-escaping in XSL.
If I am correct, I would like to ask a minute of your time to help me with a
problem I'm trying to solve.

I'm currently porting our product and I am forced to use a new
implementation of XML parsing/transforming.  In this implementation, they
have documented that the new parser does *not* support the
disable-output-escaping attribute.  I use this tag quite often; to create
non-breaking spaces, to start HTML tags without finishing them so the parser
doesn't blow up, etc.  Is there a different and/or better way to do this?
An example of what I'm doing now is this; every page includes a global.xsl
that has a HEADERBUILD template in it - this template does alot, but
essentially it starts the <html> tag, while the FOOTERBUILD template is
responsible for ending that tag.  So, from a bird's-eye level, the code
looks a little like this:

	<xsl:template name="HEADERBUILD>
		<xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">
			&lt;html&gt;
		</xsl:text>
	</xsl:template>

	<xsl:template name="FOOTERBUILD">
		<xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">
			&lt;/html&gt;
		</xsl:text>
	</xsl:template>

This used to build the <html> tag with it's respective closing </html> tag
just fine with the old parser.  Now it just transforms into "&lt;html&gt;"
and "&lt;/html&gt;" as the output.  If you know of a way to accomplish this
without disable-output-escaping, please enlighten me!  I've been searching
all over the internet for an answer but cannot find one..

Thanks!
Caleb Blanton