cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Stephan Kassanke" <kassanke.n...@gmx.de>
Subject Out of memory with JDK
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2001 15:33:02 GMT
Hi,

we have a problem with the JVM which has obviously not enough memory to do a
trasnformation to HTML or PDF.

I keep getting the error
      Cocoon 1.8.2

      Error found handling the request.
java.lang.Exception: FATAL ERROR: the JVM ran out of memory when
 processing the request. The maximum amount of memory used by your VM
 can be changed at the command line (consult your JDK documentation)
 and may not be at all related to the amount of physical memory
 in your machine!
	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java:435)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:404)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
	at
7)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
	at
(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:166)
	at
	at
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)

      Warning: this page has been dynamically generated.

The problem i have is most probably trivial for most of you. How do I change
the amount of memory available for the JVM. I searched the newsgroup and
archives with no success yet. can somebody point me to the right resource.

Thanks,
Stephan

PS.: Isn't this a candidate for the FAQ?