cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Sergio" <s...@alu.ua.es>
Subject Cannot get a Poolable before pool initialized
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2001 19:22:30 GMT
Hi
I'm working with Cocoon 2

I receive this message when I try to create a connection with a datasource.
The configuration of datasource in cocoon.xconf is:

  <datasources>
    <jdbc name="dbpccom">
      <pool-controller min="5" max="10"/>
      <auto-commit>false</auto-commit>
      <dburl>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/pccom</dburl>
      <user>pccom</user>
      <password></password>
    </jdbc>
  </datasources>

When I try to access to DB without any datasource it works fine:

<esql:connection>
  <esql:driver>org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver</esql:driver>
  <esql:dburl>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/pccom</esql:dburl>
  <esql:username>pccom</esql:username>
  <esql:password></esql:password>
  <esql:autocommit>false</esql:autocommit>
</esql:connection>

But if I try to use the datasource:

<esql:connection>
  <esql:pool>dbpccom</esql:pool>
</esql:connection>

that is the error:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception in
ServerPagesGenerator.generate():java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not get
the datasource java.sql.SQLException: You cannot get a Poolable before the
pool is initialized

┬┐how can I initialize the pool?