cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Sumit Ranjan" <s_su...@rti.daimlerchrysler.com>
Subject two webapps ...one database !
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2001 08:12:21 GMT
hi there !
   i have a question not entirely different from what u r discussing....

i am new to cocoon , so forgive if i ask something elementary.

i am using tomcat 3.2.2 as my servlet container , on which there are two
webapps running--jetspeed and cocoon. both of  these webapps use hsql as
their default database and function well when used alone. however when i try
to access one from another( say , a cocoon form from a jetspeed portlet ! )
this throws an exception...like...

Error creating the resource
 Could not add record
details
from
source org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException
description org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Could not add
record:java.lang.NumberFormatException:
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/forms/2111
extra info
 java.lang.NumberFormatException: http://localhost:8080/cocoon/forms/2111

 java.lang.NumberFormatException: http://localhost:8080/cocoon/forms/2111

 at java.lang.Integer.<init>(Integer.java:540)

 at
org.apache.cocoon.acting.AbstractDatabaseAction.setColumn(AbstractDatabaseAc
tion.java:579)

 at
org.apache.cocoon.acting.AbstractDatabaseAction.setColumn(AbstractDatabaseAc
tion.java:352)

 at
org.apache.cocoon.acting.AbstractDatabaseAction.setColumn(AbstractDatabaseAc
tion.java:338)

 at
org.apache.cocoon.acting.AbstractDatabaseAction.setColumn(AbstractDatabaseAc
tion

my question is :

1) is it due to two different hsql databases who by no means are
connected...and if it is so , how to connect theses two hsql databases....or
rather how to have one HSQL database serving the two webapps ?

2) i had read somewhere that for this a possible solution is to run HSQL in
server mode.
   can anybody please elaborate on this....i mean what does this mean and
how to accomplish this ?

hope its not too much  i am asking...

thanking in advance,

sumit ranjan