cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Kevin Ashworth" <kevin_xml...@kevinashworth.com>
Subject Dynamic stylesheets (Newbie question)
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2001 19:45:58 GMT
I currently have two XML documents, object-view.xml and object-edit.xml.
Both are identical except for one word in one line.

object-view.xml calls this stylesheet:
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="view.xsl"?>

while object-edit.xml calls this one:
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="edit.xsl"?>

It seems silly and inefficient to have two XML documents for this.  What I
want to do is have just one XML file and access these two different
renditions like this (or some other easy method):

http://servername:8080/cocoon/object.xml?mode=view
http://servername:8080/cocoon/object.xml?mode=edit

I am surprised I cannot find an answer to this problem.  I learned that
XML/XSLT can't do this alone, and then I figured Cocoon can do this, but I
have searched FAQ, archive and docs.  Am I not looking in the right place or
using the proper terms?  Any pointers appreciated.  I've got 1.8.2 installed
with Jakarta Tomcat 3.2.3.

Thanks,

--Kevin