cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Mohsin Ali" <mohsin....@servsoft.co.uk>
Subject RE: HTTP request parameter
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2001 07:43:59 GMT
Hi,
Try ?userID='123456' and it hopefully it will work.
Mohsin

-----Original Message-----
From: annemarie.hartvigsen@telenor.com
[mailto:annemarie.hartvigsen@telenor.com]
Sent: 10 August 2001 08:52
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: HTTP request parameter

Thanks for the tip; unfortunately it didn't work.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error executed prepared statement:
select
name as reg_name,              deviceID as reg_deviceID,
description as reg_description,              startTime as reg_startTime,
endTime as reg_endTime       from user, terminal, deviceType,
registration
where terminal.userID = ?             and user.userID = terminal.userID
and deviceType.deviceType = terminal.deviceType             and
registration.terminalID = terminal.terminalID;
	at
_var._tomcat._webapps._cocoon._vt._welcome._welcome.populateDocument(_we
lcom
e.java:379)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPPage.getDocument(XSPPage.java:97)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(XSPProcessor.java:5
27)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java:384)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:405)
	at
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.jav
a:79
7)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnec
tion
(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:166)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:416
)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:50
1)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

/Anne Marie

      from user, terminal, deviceType, registration
      where terminal.userID =
          <esql:parameter type="int">
               <request:get-parameter name="userID"/>
          </esql:parameter>
            and user.userID = terminal.userID
            and deviceType.deviceType = terminal.deviceType
            and registration.terminalID = terminal.terminalID;
    </esql:query>

Replace "int" with "long" or "string", as necessary to match your field
type.

-Christopher

Please respond to cocoon-users@xml.apache.org

what is required to get the http request parameter to work? I have
----------------------------
[...]
<xsp:page language="java"
          xmlns:request="http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Request"
<<---HERE

[...]

    <esql:query>
      select name as reg_name,
             deviceID as reg_deviceID,
             description as reg_description,
             startTime as reg_startTime,
             endTime as reg_endTime
      from user, terminal, deviceType, registration
      where terminal.userID = <request:get-parameter name="userID"/>
<<---HERE
            and user.userID = terminal.userID
            and deviceType.deviceType = terminal.deviceType
            and registration.terminalID = terminal.terminalID;
    </esql:query>
[...]

As far as I have understood, I can then put
------------
?userID=123456
------------
at the end of the url, e.g.
-------------
http://localhost/welcome.xml?userID=123456

and 123456 will be used. But it's not working, so I guess I'll have to
add
something somewhere? I don't get any error messages, but I don't get any
data from the query either. The query works when I use

---
<!ENTITY userID "123456"> //(in the DTD)

[...]

and terminal.userID = &userID; //(in the query)
-------

I'm using Cocoon 1.8.2

/Anne Marie