cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Luca Morandini" <l.mo...@tin.it>
Subject RE: ESQL, MySQL, and the GPL
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2001 09:20:37 GMT
Chris,

	I think so. Since you didn't modify the source code of the tools you
mentioned (Apache, Cocoon, ESQL, ...) you are not breaking GPL.

	On the ohter hand, if you, say, modified the ESQL logicsheet, you would
have been forced to shar the modified source code with the community.

	The GPL idea is not to destroy added value, just to make possible the
sharing of collaborative software development.

Best regards,

               Luca Morandini
               GIS Consultant
            lmorandini@ieee.org