cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Colin Paul Adams <co...@colina.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: [C2] xsl:output ignored?
Date Sun, 15 Jul 2001 19:26:02 GMT

    Colin> Since I had specified the following in my transform, I
    Colin> expected to get a DOCTYPE statment:

    Colin>   <xsl:output method="xml" version="1.0" standalone="no"
    Colin> encoding="UTF-8" omit-xml-declaration="no"
    Colin> doctype-system="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd"
    Colin> doctype-public="-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" />

    Colin> The output was indeed xhtml, but no doctype (or xml
    Colin> declaration - I probably will need to omit the latter
    Colin> anyway).
    Colin> So why is there no <!DOCTYPE statement being omitted?

Well, I managed to work it out by trial-and-error for myself. The
answer was not to use xsl:output (which seems to be ignored), but to
provide parameters in the sitemap.

Here is the serialiser I used (in case anyone else has the same
question):

      <map:serializer name="xhtml" mime-type="text/html"
        src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer">
        <doctype-public>-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN</doctype-public>
        <doctype-system>http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd</doctype-system>
        <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
        <omit-xml-declaration>yes</omit-xml-declaration>
      </map:serializer>

Where is this documented?
--
Colin Paul Adams