cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Hege Hansbakk <hansb...@stud.ntnu.no>
Subject Problems with linebreaks in Cocoon 2
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2001 08:12:58 GMT
Hi!

I am using Cocoon 2, and I have the following problem:

In my xsl-file I have written:

<xsl:for-each select="state">
	<xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">
	<![CDATA[
		function start(frm){
			initialize(']]>
	</xsl:text>
	<xsl:value-of select="@id"/>
	<xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">
	<![CDATA[', "]]>
	</xsl:text>
	<xsl:apply-templates/>
	<xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">
	<![CDATA[");
		output(frm, 'init');
	}]]>
	</xsl:text>
</xsl:for-each>

This is a javascript-function, which takes a string as a parameter. My
problem is that Cocoon parses this as a string with linebreaks, which
Javascript doesn't accept.
The output is like this:
	function start(frm){
		initialize('
			init
				', "

		Text
				");
					output(frm, 'init');
				}

How can I get Cocoon to not add any linebreaks?

I have been looking for an answer to this on the web, but I can't find
anything. I did read about changing the following line in
cocoon.properties though:
formatter.text/html/loose.line-width = 120
But, I can't find this file on my harddisk. Does it even exist for Cocoon 2?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Hege Hansbakk