cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Uli Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: AW: [C2] Redirects
Date Sun, 15 Jul 2001 22:34:17 GMT
On Sun, 15 Jul 2001, giacomo wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Jul 2001, Uli Mayring wrote:
>
> > Why not drop Actions altogether and instead put XSP taglibs in that place?
> > It's all just Java, so why should we have two places to do our custom
> > logic? From what I hear Actions allow more than XSP (redirects etc.), but
> > XSP taglibs have the better interface (XML).
>
> What do you mean by "better interface (XML)"?.
>
> Giacomo

That XSP has an XML interface and thus is decoupled from the
implementation. I can give my XSP files to someone, who does not use Java
or Cocoon, and he can implement it with whatever tools he likes to use.
XML is ubiquitous on all platforms, everything that exposes itself
to the world should have an XML interface these days.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Softwareentwicklung