cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Gerhard Froehlich" <g-froehl...@gmx.de>
Subject AW: [c2] writing own generator
Date Sat, 28 Jul 2001 15:16:17 GMT
errrr, forget it folks that was not the problem.
sorry for making noise

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Gerhard Froehlich [mailto:g-froehlich@gmx.de]
Gesendet: Saturday, July 28, 2001 4:57 PM
An: cocoon-user
Betreff: [c2] writing own generator

Hi,
I want to write my own generator. Which processes all xml files in one
directory
and outputs them all as one pdf-file.
Following configuration in the sitemap.xmap:
<map:match pattern="documents_pdf/documentation.pdf">
  <map:generate type="mygenerator" src="docs/xdocs/"/>
  <map:transform src="stylesheets/documents/root2pdf.xsl"/>
  <map:serialize type="fo2pdf"/>
</map:match>

Following problem:
I'm implementing the cachable interface. Know the problem
is that the generateKey() method wants the complete source
(/pathto/file.xml).
But my generator gets as source only the directory where
the files are(/pathto/).
In the generate() method I want to process all files in
that directory.

Because of that I get a NullPointer Exception in the
generateKey() method.

Do I completly wrong, can I make a workaround or can't I
implement the cachable interface in this case?

Cheers
Gerhard