cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Anders Lindh" <ali...@flyerone.com>
Subject RE: AW: [C2] Redirects
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2001 13:40:36 GMT
>> Ok, thanks a lot for your info. I now understand it is possible, but
>> extremely complicated and verbose to do redirects in Cocoon2 :-)
>Oh, you aren't being fair.  Just because it is too easy to do in
>scripting frameworks, doesn't mean we should allow the same abuse
>of redirects in Cocoon.  You just have to think harder.

I have to agree on the first point. Migration from C1 to C2 is everything
else than compile & run, just because of this one thing. I agree that
using actions in the sitemap is a more clean solution, and yes, I agree that
program flow shouldn't be dictated in xsp pages. But couldn't this one
little
feature be implemented (with warnings, and some restrictions) just so that
C1 users could play around with C2 and enjoy the new features? I'd really
appreciate
it...

- Anders