cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@sundn.de>
Subject AW: Sitemaps not recompiling
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2001 14:36:07 GMT

What exact version of Cocoon 2 do you use? The beta 1 or some
version from the cvs?

> When I make changes to the sitemap (sub map) for my application I have
> to stop tomcat, delete the java files in the work directory and restart.
>
> I am using the following in the main cocoon sitemap.xmap:
>
>   <map:pipeline>
>    <map:match pattern="mmsc/**">
>     <map:mount uri-prefix="mmsc" src="mmsc/sitemap.xmap"
> check-reload="yes"/>
>    </map:match>
>   </map:pipeline>
>
> but I also tried :
>
>   <map:pipeline>
>    <map:match pattern="mmsc/**">
>     <map:mount uri-prefix="mmsc" src="mmsc/" check-reload="yes"/>
>    </map:match>
>   </map:pipeline>

This is equivalent with the first statement as cocoon automatically
adds "sitemap.xmap" if src specifies a directory.

The compilation of the sitemap and the subsitemaps take some time
depending on the server hardware. So you could also specify
the "reload-method" attribute with the value "synchron" on the map:mount
element:

  <map:mount uri-prefix="mmsc" src="mmsc/sitemap.xmap"
  check-reload="yes" reload-method="synchron"/>

This forces cocoon to wait for the compilation and then serves your
request. The default reload method is asynchron. So when a new
request after a sitemap change arrives at cocoon the sitemap is
compiled in the background and the requests are served with the old
sitemap until the compilation is finished.

HTH

Carsten