cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Colin Brumelle" <cbrume...@home.com>
Subject RE: how to install Cocoon-1.8.2 on W98, PWS and ServletExec 2.2
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2001 19:44:51 GMT
Hello,

	From my experience, ServletExec is a pretty horrible servlet engine... Why
not just use Tomcat? Tomcat and Cocoon work very well together and there is
much documentation on Apaches site about running cocoon and tomcat,
including detailed installation instructions.
	Is this just for testing/debugging or are you trying to put together a
production environment? If it's just for testing, I would recommend using
the web server abilities of Tomcat and not bother trying to integrate it
with another web server (especially PWS) until all the bugs are worked out.

Hope this helps some,
Colin Brumelle

-----Original Message-----
From: Joop van der Star [mailto:j.vanderstar@library.uu.nl]
Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2001 2:41 AM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Cc: myself
Subject: how to install Cocoon-1.8.2 on W98, PWS and ServletExec 2.2

What do I do to run Cocoon-1.8.2 under Windows98 with PWS and ServletExec
2.2
I can build Cocoon but it seems not to run properly.
The browser cannot find localhost:8888/Cocoon.xml

m.vr.gr. Joop van der Star
J.vanderStar@library.uu.nl / Universiteits Bibliotheek Utrecht
  Wittevrouwenstraat 7-11  / Postbus 16007 / 3500 DA  Utrecht
    tel.(+31)30 253 6624   / fax.(+31)30 253 9292