cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Hewko, Doug" <Doug.He...@ccra-adrc.gc.ca>
Subject Trouble getting Cocoon2 to work...
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2001 17:52:59 GMT
Help!

I think I have Tomcat working... I get the default page when I type
"http://localhost:8080/". But "http://localhost:8080/cocoon" is giving me
the exception
"org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error
trying to load configurations" and embedded exception
"org.xml.sax.SAXException: Could not get valid parserNamespace not supported
by SAXParser". I understand that this means I need Xerces loaded first.

How do I do that? Xerces does not come with documentation.

I am using Tomcat 3.2.3, Cocoon 2, Xalan 2.2.6D (even though I do not know
how to install or use it), and Xerces 1.4.2. I am not a system admin by
trade, so setting up the server is quite confusing. I just want to be able
to use Cocoon2 to run server-side XML.

Help!