cocoon-users mailing list archives

From JEULIN Olivier <olivier.jeu...@xml-ais.com>
Subject RE: XSP with Cocoon 1.8.1 - Cache Problem?
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2001 13:29:29 GMT
> > This is weird, because the java file and the counter change,
> > so the request
> > *is* processed by cocoon and it should reflect the text
> > change (my version
> > works fine on this part: java file modified, class recompiled).
>
> On my system it's the same: java file gets modified and the class is
> recompiled. Both have the same date/time.
>
> -rw-r--r--    1 www-data www-data    10479 Jul 12 14:11
> _clean_page.class
> -rw-r--r--    1 www-data www-data    22772 Jul 12 14:11
> _clean_page.java

looks OK

> > Try to delete _clean-page.* from your repository *without*
> > restarting cocoon
> > and reload the page.
>
> Done! WITHOUT restarting Cocoon, _clean-page.* are recreated:
> I reloaded the
> page and the old clean-page.xml is showed with the counter
> going on from
> where I left it last time!

!!!
I dunno... this shouldn't happen (AFAIK)
I had this kind of trouble before setting the repository to an absulute
path, but then the .class/java weren't created at all.
If you reload cocoon, without deleting _clean-page.*, what happens to these
files, and what is the result ?

> What the heck is happening? :(
>
> Paolo.
bad karma ? ;)