cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Matteo Villa ...@prosolutions.de>
Subject Re: reg xml database with cocoon2
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2001 17:41:25 GMT
Hi Java Guru,

It is a matter of taste... personally I would never put the content of a
Database into a File,
because you loose all the power of a well implemented and designed DBMS.
However, You may have good reasons to do that (maybe You can share Your
reasons with me,
so I get a chance to understand).
I saw there's a tool named db2xml from FH-Wiesbaden (maybe You  "google"
the net with the name "db2xml").
It -sucks- a relational database into xml-files (Tables and contents). If
You get the sources (I believe it is open-source)
and You look what they do, maybe You get a way to get Your processes
done.

Cheers,
Matteo

P.S.: send a note if You do not find It, so I can look for it.