cocoon-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Samuel ARNOD-PRIN <sarnodp...@smile.ch>
Subject Re: [C2] Speed problem - transformation process?
Date Sun, 08 Jul 2001 08:26:55 GMT
I've noticed for example that variables are very slow...

if I declare at the beginning <xsl:variable..> and use it everywhere..
it is very very slow !



"Bentley, Tim" a écrit :
> 
> Hi -
> 
> I've got a problem with C2 which _seems_ to be to do with XSL
> tranformations.
> 
> I'm running C2.1 dev (last week's build), with Tomcat 3.2.1 on NT (P3
> 500mhz, 256mb RAM, 6gb disk).  I also have C1.8.2 set up on the same
> machine, also running under Tomcat 3.2.1, which I have been using for
> comparison purposes.
> 
> I have been converting a C1 app over to C2, and got everything working the
> other day.  However, it is horribly, horribly slow - requests which were
> taking 50-80 milliseconds under C1 are taking 3-5 seconds.
> 
> I've been able to log timestamps at various points, and have isolated where
> the problem area seems to be - one line in my XSP code (a call to JNDI to
> query an LDAP directory) in a particular page is where most of the delay is
> occurring (around 3-5 secs worth).
> 
> The interesting thing is that the speed problem does not occur at all if the
> page in question is just generated (without doing stylesheet
> transformations).  This seems odd, as I would assume that the generation
> process has to be complete before the stylesheet can be applied, yet it
> appears that when a stylesheet transformation is specified the actual
> generation process for this page slows down as well - I can see this from my
> log lines showing the timestamp at key points.  The stylesheet is not
> particularly complex, and under Cocoon 1.8.2 the whole thing was pretty
> quick.  In C2 you can see the machine slow down while the page is being
> processed - the JVM is maxing out the processor.
> 
> Does anyone have any clues as to what could be causing this?  I did wonder
> whether it could be something to do with caching - I am trying to cache both
> the XSP page and the stylesheet.  From the log entries I think both are
> being cached.  I assume now though that is is a problem either with my
> configuration or in some bizarre way with my XSP and/or XSL, but I'm at a
> bit of a loss to know what it could be.  It's also a bit of a blow to find
> that something which worked perfectly in C1 has problems in C2.
> 
> Regards,
> 
> Tim Bentley
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> Please check that your question has not already been answered in the
> FAQ before posting. <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html>
> 
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: <cocoon-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org>
> For additional commands, e-mail: <cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Please check that your question has not already been answered in the
FAQ before posting. <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html>

To unsubscribe, e-mail: <cocoon-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail: <cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>


Mime
View raw message