cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Matthias Jahn <Matthias.J...@OVSoftware.com>
Subject HTML tags in XML page are escaped
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2001 10:19:55 GMT
Hi,

Some weeks ago, there were two possibilities for the problem "escaped HTML
tags in a XML page".
I tried both, but everytime I get the same error message.

Here is a short example of what I tried:

	<esql:row-results>
		<contribution>
			<description><xsp:logic>parse(<esql:get-string
column="description"/>);</xsp:logic></description>
		</contribution>
	</esql:row-results>

As parse method I have used this one:

private Node parse( String data ) {

	try
        {
        	return xspParser.parse(
			new InputSource(new StringReader
				(data))).getDocumentElement();
        }
        catch( Exception e )
        {
               return null;
       }
}

The second try was to use:

<util:include-expr><util:expr>myOwnMethod()</util:expr> </util:include-expr>

The error message which I get is:

org.xml.sax.SAXException: The markup in the document preceding the root
element must be well-formed. [FATAL ERROR] [File: "null" Line: 1 Column: 1]
(nested exception: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document
preceding the root element must be well-formed. ) at
org.apache.cocoon.parser.AbstractParser.fatalError(AbstractParser.java:105)

I'm running Cocoon 1.8.2 on a Windows 2000 System with JDK 1.3 and Tomcat
3.2.

Matthias Jahn

-------------
OVSoftware b.v.			OVSoftware GmbH

Burg. Wallerstraat 179		Bahnhofstrasse 40
7574 AN Oldenzaal			48599 Gronau
The Netherlands			Deutschland
Tel. +31 (0) 541 533111		Tel. +49 (0) 2562 8180 60
Fax +31 (0) 541 533112		Fax +49 (0) 2562 81 80 61

Postadres:
Postbus 11007
7502 LA Enschede
The Netherlands

mailto:Matthias.Jahn@OVSoftware.com <mailto:Matthias.Jahn@OVSoftware.com>
http://www.OVSoftware.com <http://www.OVSoftware.com>

As you are aware, e-mails sent via Internet can easily be prepared or
manipulated by third persons, For this reason we trust you will understand
that, for your own and our protection, we rule out the legal validity of the
foregoing statements and comments. The applicable regulations of OVSoftware
on the legal validity of declarations of intent of a binding nature remain
unaffected.
This message is confidential. It may also be privileged or otherwise
protected by legal rules. It may be unlawful for you to read, copy or use it
in anyway. If you have received it by mistake please let us know by reply
and then delete it from your system.