cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Sergio Carvalho <sergio.carva...@acm.org>
Subject Re: perfomance inprovements to c2
Date Sat, 28 Jul 2001 16:00:19 GMT

A few months ago there was a religious war here with a spark somewhat like this.

Summarizing what I remember correctly about it:
 a) Most people around here don't believe the speed gains justify the extra work,
    extra complexity and extra portability problems.
 b) If you or anyone do feel otherwise, you are free to start a project to interface
    cocoon with a native XML library. You'll get help here, but not much enthusiasm.

I'm hoping to stop a Java vs C religious war here...

On Sat, 28 Jul 2001 16:00:31 +0100 (BST), java guru <javacocoon@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
--
> Hi.,
>   I am looking into improving the performance of c2
> for specific platforms..
>
> Following are the queries i have ... they might be
> silly...but any input is highly appreciated...
>
> 1. c2 uses the parser and xslt parser developed in
> java..
>
> 2. Is it possible to use platform specific c++ version
> of them wrapped around java may be using jni / some
> other stuff.. Like the wrap arounds are used for java
> compilers..
>
> 3. Shouldnt it improve the performance of c2?(atleast
> if we know the target application platform)
>

> =====
> Thanks and have great day
> srini

Sergio Carvalho