cocoon-users mailing list archives

From java guru <javacoc...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject fixed length messages
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2001 12:56:05 GMT
Hi.,
  I know this is not right forum to ask...out of
choice..here is my question..

I am trying to convert a normal data(from database or
simply from hashtable) paired as field/value into a
fixed length message string..meantime i need to
specify which field go to which position of the output
message along with what kinda formatting should be
done on the data before replacing into the message..

I thought of using xml to define the field names,
positions and format options, provide the raw data and
expect the entire message come out...

Is there any open source options regarding this? or
any ideas..

Again sorry for posting it here..
Thanks