cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Greg Merrill <greghmerr...@yahoo.com>
Subject XSP - different compile-time/run-time classpaths?
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2001 15:18:00 GMT
Does XSP use a different classpaths at compile-time
and run-time? The reason I ask is because I'm seeing
the following strange behavior:

I have an XSP which imports/uses some utility classes
which live in a jar file within my war's WEB-INF/lib.
When I access this XSP, it compiles just fine.  I can
go to the repository & see both the .java and .class
file.

However, when the XSP processor attempts to *run* the
compiled XSP, I get a NoClassDefFoundError; the
message cites my utility class (remember, this lives
in a jar in WEB-INF/lib) as the class which can't be
located.

Has anyone seen behavior like this before?  I'm
running JBoss w/embedded Tomcat.

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/