cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mariano Kamp <mk...@codamax.com>
Subject Live Sites powered by Apache Cocoon 2.X / How to set 304?
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2001 13:28:39 GMT
Hi there,

  we just relaunched our small site (www.codamax.com) now using cocoon2 and
tc 3.3.1. Everything, but the cocoon logo and our company logo, is served
dynamically. Feel free to add us to the list of C2 sites.

  The image buttons are dynamically too. I am wondering how I can send 304
back to the client??? I have a generator which takes all the request
parameters builds an xml element and shoots it to a serializer which takes
the parameters uses Java 2D and generates the images.

  I do implement Cacheable in both elements of the pipeline and this seems to
work (at least it always says "valid" in the log, but it would be more
efficient so send 304 back to client. Any ideas how I can manage to do that?

Bye,
Mariano
ps. Forgot to mention. The site is in german only. At least currently.