cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "C. Gaffga" <cgaf...@triplemind.com>
Subject Re: Does Cocoon return the Request Object as XML?
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2001 11:06:53 GMT
In Cocoon 2.1-dev there is something like that in the Docs.

Request Generator
????.

  a.. Name : request
  b.. Class: org.apache.cocoon.generation.RequestGenerator
  c.. Cacheable: ????.
<map:generate type="request"/>

but there ist no more doc available,
test is or look at the source perhaps helps.

Christoph Gaffga
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: DD
  To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
  Sent: Friday, July 13, 2001 8:13 AM
  Subject: Does Cocoon return the Request Object as XML?

  I want to get the Request Object (i.e. what is either POSTed or from GET) as XML. Currently,
I am using ASP.Net, and the request object is returned as a "NameValueCollection" which is
similar to a Dictionary object, or a Hashtable. I have to then convert it all into XML myself
to then send to an XSL page or to a database. I want to have the request object already in
XML and figured if anyone had done it, cocoon had. Is it?

  Robert