cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Per Steffensen" <st...@brics.dk>
Subject Re: [C1] Syntax checking in Cocoon
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2001 11:54:49 GMT
> Validation has been turned of by default in Cocoon because
> it is an expensive operation.  In a server environment where
> you will be sending the same document hundreds or thousands
> of times a day (depending on site traffic), the added overhead
> of validation is too expensive to do for each request.
>
> Ideally Validation is done after document creation, and then
> never again.  I do not know if there is even an option to
> turn on validation at this time.  Check your cocoon.properties
> file for anything that looks promissing.

I dont want validation every time - I just want to test if my XML corresponds to my XML Schema.
The thing is, that I will explain the format of my XML language using a XML Schema, but first
I want to check that my XML Schema is correct (it is correct XML Schema and my test XML file
checks OK with my XML Schema file). So what I need is just a way to check a XML file with
a XML Schema file - a way that gives good error messages. I would like to be able to use Cocoon1
for the tast, but it is not essential.

Thanx