cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jens-A. Reinhardt" <fla...@uni-koblenz.de>
Subject Re: preserving xslt indentation?
Date Sat, 16 Jun 2001 09:55:31 GMT

Hi,

In case there is no Cocoon based solution just pipe
the output of Cocoon through tidy (http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/)

That's what I use for debugging purposes. Although tidy has a few
downsides.

If you use the -xml option it neatly formats your xml files, but
complains about markup that is not wellformed (e.g. about unclosed tags
like <link> <br> in html)

In html mode it accepts html specific exceptions but complains about
individual xml markup (<mynamespace:mytag> or <ATag/>)

Unfortunately that's the kind of markup I debug, so I added tidy to my
editor (nedit) to format well-formed sections with tidy -xml, or use
tidy html on the entire file if I am debugging the final output.

Jens