cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jens-A. Reinhardt" <fla...@uni-koblenz.de>
Subject Re: [C1] chaining XSP and Xinclude
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2001 13:53:20 GMT

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, BenoƮt Chauvet wrote:

> Hi dear cocoon users and hackers,
>
> Reading for past messages on this Mailing-list, I've found confirmation that multiple
XSP processing couldn't be chained...

> But what about xinclude ?

xinclude can be applied a couple of times.

If you use xinclude before XSP than the included content becomes part of
the compiled XSP java class and thus static with regard to the original
sources (until the class file is recompiled e.g. if the original xml file
changes)

If you call XInclude after the XSP than the xinclude will be performed
each time you request the file.

Jens