cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Wally Trenholm <wa...@epochintegration.com>
Subject running C2b1 without X-Windows -> "ProcessingException: sitemap handler's sitemap not available"
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2001 21:20:15 GMT
Hello Cocoon people,

After upgrading from alpha-6 to beta-1, when I start Cocoon without
GUI support (I am running on Debian GNU/Linux over ssh), I get the
following Exception:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: The sitemap handler's sitemap is not available.
        at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.setupProcessing(Manager.java:179)
        at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:93)
        at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:471)
.
.
.

Last night, I was trying to figure out what was going on and noticed
that there seemed to be some network activity related to X-windows.  I
set the DISPLAY environment to one of my X servers, and it now it
works fine.

So my question is:

	why is my system wanting to see X capabilities when running Cocoon?

I find no reference to anything GUI, in any of the code, and I do not
see anything from Cocoon on my X screen.

I am stumped (it doesn't take much).

Thanks for your time...

PS) [to the dev. team] congratulations on a historic accomplishment!
The new architecture is amazing!  I can't wait to see how fast it is
on multi-stage transformations with big XML data.