cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jason Foster <jafos...@uwaterloo.ca>
Subject <session:get-attribute> and &lt;
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2001 20:20:42 GMT
Yet another output escaping question (but I have read a bunch of
documentation)...

I'm trying to figure out a way for an Action to pass information to an XSP
or XSLT page.  My current plan is to use session attributes.

Action

  session.setAttribute( "result", "<RESULT type="good">Saved!</RESULT>" );

XSP

<xsp:logic>
  resultString = (String) <session:get-attribute name="results" />;
  if ( resultString != null )
  {
    <RESULTS>
      <session:get-attribute name="results" as="xml" />
    </RESULTS>
    <session:remove-attribute name="results" />
  }
</xsp:logic>

This is working reasonably well, except for the one problem that what
comes out is (slightly edited):

<RESULTS>
  <session:attribute>
     &lt;RESULT...RESULT&gt;
  </session:attribute>
</RESULTS>

Which of course isn't useful to me for later processing.

Does anyone know how to keep the output from being escaped?

Thanks!

Jason Foster