cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jörn Heid <h...@fh-heilbronn.de>
Subject AW: C2: Java class as transformer
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2001 11:29:51 GMT
Yesterday I have written my own transformer.
I took the XIncludeTransformer and used all public methods and implemented
all interfaces. I used my own package and put the class in WEB-INF/classes.
And it works for me ;)

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Axel Arne Guicking [mailto:mail@guicking.de]
Gesendet: Montag, 11. Juni 2001 13:26
An: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Betreff: C2: Java class as transformer

Hi,
I am using version 2.0a7 and want to add my own transformer which is a java
class (extending AbstractTransformer). The problems arising are:

1) Where do I have to add the transformer name and class name? Only in the
sitemap file or also in the cocoon.xconf (and how would it look like in
cocoon.xconf)?

2) When I put the class in the package org.apache.cocoon.transformation and
add the appropriate <map:transformer>...line in the sitemap all works well
but in my own package the IllegalAccessException "object ... is not a
Component" is thrown. Why that?

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks,
Axel Guicking