cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jörn Heid <h...@fh-heilbronn.de>
Subject AW: SV: ident and spaces (Netscape problem)
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2001 09:34:14 GMT
Is it the same problem as mine in '[C2] Bug in HTML-Serializer?'

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Sergio Carvalho [mailto:sergio.carvalho@acm.org]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 26. Juni 2001 12:28
An: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Betreff: Re: SV: ident and spaces (Netscape problem)

As a general rule, when removing the DOCTYPE removes a 'bug' on mozilla,
it's just that mozilla is behaving correctly as per the standard (the one
DOCTYPE refers to!), and reverts to quirk-mode when there's no DOCTYPE.

I had the same problem with image layout (which was introducing spurious
space). In my case, I solved it with a CSS stylesheet changing image layout
to block.

Can you give specifics as to what layout problem are you having?

Sérgio