cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Bjarne Jensen" <...@ruc.dk>
Subject SV: SV: Maintaining Cocoon-layout in WYSIWYG-HTML-editor
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2001 10:53:08 GMT
Is this correctly understood?

------
Dreamweaver creates HTML like this:

And your XSLT render this to something like:

…
..

How do you do that? Gets the parents and so I XSLT?

-----

You wrote:

”..but this changes with C2) which calls application logic Java
code either directly through <xsp:logic> or using specialized
logicsheets. “

C1 calls application logic in Java directly doesn’t it?
It is possible to have your own logicsheets in C1 so I really does not
understand the difference here?

I know the sitemap can centralize Processing Instructions (PI) in C2 and
that is not possible in C1 and that can give a better separation. But that
has nothing to do with what your are writing.

-----

You also wrote:
“We also have an XML persistence engine that hides
SQL/LDAP/files/Whatever for data access.”

What is an XML persistence engine?

Hides the filename in the URL, or?

Well please tell more about this

PS: I really like hearing how you made the separation. The reason why I am
so interested in the separation is that I am writing the last paper in my
education and the subject is separation between layers in webapplications. 3
years ago I worked in a webfirm that mixed the layers and that was a big
problem then. I think the problem still remains in a lot of companyes you
are the only one I have ever head about that seems to have accomplished
this. I agree (se below) to you why the layers should be separate. Another
reason for having the layers separate is that you can substitute one or two
layers and you have a new application that should suits a new customer. Are
you doing that?

Thank you ones again :-)
/Bjarne