cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Paul Nock" <pn...@medicineplanet.com>
Subject RE: log files
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2001 17:53:07 GMT
I use Tomcat logging in my logicsheet, e.g:

<xsl:template match="xsp:page">
	<xsp:page>
	<xsp:structure>
            //  Import the tomcat logging classes...
            <xsp:include>org.apache.tomcat.logging.*</xsp:include>
	</xsp:structure>

	<xsp:logic>
            //Declare a LogHelper
            //   "session_log" is the tomcat log file to use (see your
server.conf),
            //   "Prefix" is a prefix to use in the log file for this
message:
            private LogHelper loghelper = new LogHelper("session_log",
"Prefix");
      </xsp:logic>
</xsl:template>

//  Then just log your messages wherever you want:
           loghelper.log( log your message here );

Don't know if it's the best way, but it works fine.

Paul